Niklas Sule hits out at Bayern Munich boss Julian Nagelsmann for lying about matchday omission
Niklas Sule has hit out at Bayern Munich boss Julian Nagelsmann for lying about the defender's omission from his final matchday squad against Wolfsburg last weekend. Sule departs Bayern this summer and was given a send-off by the club and fans ahead of their final home game of the season against Stuttgart earlier this month. However, the centre-back was left out of the squad for the trip to Wolfsburg on the final day of the season, with Nagelsmann explaining that the player had declined to make the trip. Niklas Sule has hit back at Bayern Munich boss Julian Nagelsmann over his Wolfsburg omission Asked about Sule's omission, the Bayern boss had said: 'We asked Niki if he still wanted to come with us.
However, Sule has reacted angrily to his head coach's answer, and has since sought to explain his own side of the story. 'You know: Last Thursday, Julian Nagelsmann asked me if it would be okay if I wasn't in the squad against Wolfsburg. Sule is set to leave the Bundesliga champions this summer and join rivals Borussia Dortmund 'On Friday, when Marcel Sabitzer was injured, shortly before departure, one of our assistant coaches said that I could come along if I wanted to. Sule continued that what had irked him further was Nagelsmann's insistence to the entire squad that the 26-year-old was absolved of blame for the entire situation, only to go back on his word publicly.
Sule was given a send-off by the club during his final game at the Allianz Arena this month 'Before the championship celebration on Sunday, when we were all together, Julian Nagelsmann said in front of the entire team that I hadn't done anything wrong and that he was sorry for what was being done to me with this story,' he added. 'Everyone from the team and the team around it knows that I would never have let them down. The Germany international will now join Dortmund this summer after agreeing a free transfer.
Read full article at Daily Mail